Thursday, May 01, 2008

Paris Day 21: Getting reacquainted with Ginger

No school today. Swept the apartment again. I don't know where all the fuzz comes from. And I wish I could get the washer/drier to work the way I want it to.

Met Ginger at Gare du Nord. Didn't recognize him at first. But he was so persistently standing in front of the Hagen Daz area, that I thought it must be him. I always expect his hair to be much darker. Anyway, good to see him again after all this time.

Called Patrice, but they'd cancelled the trip to Fontainebleu due to the weather.

Went back to apartment and dropped off stuff.

Walked and talked a lot. Weather not very bad in Paris at all. Finding restaurants is a bit of a challenge with dietary restrictions and such, but not to bad, given all the ethnic restaurants in the area.

Walked to Arc de Triomphe, where they were performing a veterans' ceremony at the flame commemorating the unknown soldier. One charming old vet had neither left leg for arm, but smiled all the same, and did his part holding a flag. I think they sang the Marseillese (sp?), and that I really enjoyed it.

Walked all the way back to the apartment. I don't think I've walked this much my entire trip.

No comments: