Up to go to Versaille again.
Train crowded on the way out. Not a good sign.
Ginger and I parted company at the train station, as I wanted to visit the King's Kitchen Garden. Lovely. Liked how the trees (blossoming white and pink) were trained to grow in large-sized menorahs. Don't know much about botany at all, but I appreciated the quiet loveliness.
Stopped off at a corner market to buy water (no more waiting 35 minutes in line for me!), some nibbles, and two small bananas.
Huge queues at Versailles. Walked toward the front to see if there was a shorter line for Passport holders. There wasn't. But Ginger was still waiting in line, rather close to the start, and I was able to join him for the price of a small banana.
Parted company when inside, since he wanted to go slow, and I just wanted the Hall of Mirrors and the gardens. Hall just as grand as I remembered.
In the gardens, I walked through some of the manicured gardens I'd missed last week. Then returned to Enceladus (SP?) again because I liked to lustiness of the sculpture and music.
Rented a bike from the most unpleasant woman I've ever met. At least it seemed that way. Started biking around the Grand Canal. Noticed a guy drumming along the bike path, and my eye was drawn for a few moments as I passed. Continued to the far end, and rode around the non-paved area. Mistake, since I'm not that great a rider. So I completed the loop and continued around the GC. Just as I was thinking that it would be nice to site on one of the shady benches, a foursome left a bench right before my eyes!
I commandeered the bench, and got out my water and almonds. Before too long, a guy with a bike asked if he could join me. He looked friendly and cute, so I said oui! Turns out it was the drummer. Very friendly, spoke a little English, which made for lots of laughter, and good practice for me. Invited me down to the water's edge to relax and talk. Three hours later (after more returning the bike and more talking), I left Versailles with a bit of stubble burn on my face. Sometimes fantasies do come true.
Randomly ran into Ginger on the street in front of the Shakespearre and Co bookstore. That's twice in one day where we've serendipitously met in a crowd of people. Ate dinner and got ourselves to sleep.
Saturday, May 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
did you make out with a complete stranger at versaille?? oh my, france has totally worked its number on you, my friend!! :)
Theoretically, it is easier for one to decide not to call someone that one will never see again. One could posit that it would be much less awkward than not calling someone that one has to see on a regular basis ...
I'm wondering about this possible trist too. Dora you are great at sidestepping this question.
Hmmm.... I have a bike. Note to self: borrow brother's bongo-drum-thingee and buy a beret. Plan trip to museum district without P. And read Dora's make-out blog more often.
Post a Comment