After work I went up to Sonyy Watson's place in Reseda for some dancing. It's such an intimate, friendly place, and I just love it.
More familiar faces in the bunch ...
His Vickness and J. Love dancing with HV. Although it can be a strange mix of lindy and WCS, he is one of the most adaptable dancers that I know, and plays with the music and follows along when I play in the best way. J is a pleasure to watch. She has such innate musicality.
Lila D. I don't know how she manages to dance in her heels week after week. But she's amazing. I hope I'm half as active when I'm her age.
All the weekly Wednesday crowd. So great to dance with E and N.
And, Handcuffs finally made it out. He moved back to the valley a while back, but hasn't been out dancing in a while. He was the one who introduced me to the MAC in SLC. Even now I'm a little sad that he won't be there when I go to visit in July. But it's great to have him out here, since he does lindy AND blues AND WCS. And, eventhough I hate to admit it, he probably follows WCS better than I do. Danced six songs in a row. Have to love all that walking I did in Paris.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lila D. is awesome!
Post a Comment