Woke up early and finished the first draft of the chandelier necklace so I could wear it today. Still needs a little revision.
Went to church, but skipped out on choir practice. Promise myself that I'll go next week.
Down to Irvine for Pilgrimsteps' birthday party. I hope she enjoys the books I got in London and lugged back. It's stuffed with interesting and creative ideas for recycling and creating less waste. Plus, it's just fun! I just love her and MOF's family. They are so vibrant, earnest, fun and appealing. Play a quick game of Catan with GameBoy and JLITH. Chat a bit with the eclectic group of friends that have gathered to celebrate PS's anniversary on earth. Meet co-blogger Zenaida for the first time, and exchange a few words with Laughtear. Not a lot of time to catch up with the birthday lady herself, since JLITH and I have to leave early for our own family dinner, but we manage a short chat in the kitchen. I can't believe that we've known each other for so long, that her first child is almost starting high school. I think she's my longest functioning friendship.
Dart back north. Stop off at my apartment to pick up the curry. Get to the homestead late, and Spork is a little digruntled. However, he gets over it reather quickly, and entertains me with stories of his recent trip to Finland. Brat flew business class and flew across the Atlantic in a sleeper chair. Seems as if his current project is going well, and that the top brass are really starting to take notice. His current project is not something that I would ever watch on my own (I mean, the star's name is BAM?), but I may have to check it out when it comes out on DVD.
Nice to get the whole family together and trade stories. Missing Genie and the Beans, who are in Korea for the summer.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sandra:
I am a world-class dork! I put your gift aside so I could open in later in teh party with an appropriate flourish (where everyone could ooh and aah a bit over it) and then forgot until after you left. Sheesh.
But can I just say that CatGrl keeps stealing it from me. I think she's sure that it was really intended for her. And John is a huge ReadyMade fan (requesting his subscription renewal each Christmas). What a perfect, perfect gift for me and for my recycle-happy DIY family!
And thanks for thrilling GameBoy with Catan and for your famous caprese salad! :) It was also a thrill to see Janet again after so many years!
Post a Comment