Saw mom and Aunt Yo off to a cab this morning. Ahhhhh! Free at last.
Was going to meet Veer to go for some outlet shopping on the outskirts of Paris, but I couldn't find the meeting place, and when it was 30 minutes late, I just gave up and turned to go home. Of course I saw it on the way back.
Bought pastries on the way home to take to Shewi's tonight.
Since I missed Veer, I comforted myself by going to Sephora and searching for a good red lipstick, since I've been envying Mezie's for the last week. Used to wear red lipstick all the time in college and when I would dress in vintage for dancing. But I haven't done it much in the last 6 years or so. Found a terrific shade, but there were none left! Searched for another twenty minutes and found a good one. Of course, I am too undisciplined to wear red lipstick well, but I realy enjoy it for the first 30 minutes or so.
Dinner over at Shewi's place in Marais. Was admiring all the shops on the walk over, telling myself that I needed to return when they were open. Shewi lives in a fabulous apartment that she is renting from a friend's aunt. Spacious studio with lots of room to relax, dine, cook, create, entertain.
Potluck: Shewi had the most delicious breads and side dishes. I especially loved the spicy tomatoe white beans. Also wines and blood orange juice. Mezie brought the most amazing cheeses. Veer brought pate', salmon and prosciutto. And I brought fancy pastry cakes. So much fun. Talked about the war in Iraq, agressive and passive French men, state of the family, current relationships, hoped for relationships, etc. Veer told us about Gerkin and we laughed until we cried. Shewi told us about her recent flirtation, and we gave her advice on how to text and converse in an open manner, since the guy is already "into her." The girls tried to give me advice on what to do when Ginger arrived. Shave your legs. Wear sexy lingerie. Have condoms ready. How could I explain that it wasn't like that at all? For many reasons, biggest of which is the whole religion factor. Anyway, it was a fabulous, Sex-in-the-City-esque evening.
Left around 0100. Passed a beggar on the way who importuned me. I cheerfully gave him a loaf of bread, which he stared at quizically.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment