To the Opera Garnier to satisfy Aunt Yo. Took forever to get those two out of the apartment. Opera house is guilded and large, and not much to my fancy. Would have preferred an English tour, but there was none available at the time we were there.
After, walked a bit. Aunt Yo saw La Maison du Chocolate, and wanted to stop and shop around. Mom was totaly not interested in the shishi-ness.
Walked to Laduree to get some fancy macaroons to send to Uncle Yu, and to get some for us to try. Very crowded. Aunt Yo just asked me to get a second identical box for her. Then scolded me when we left the shop for not getting extra bags for her to present them in. Maybe scolded is too strong. However, she lectured. A lot. As in, "I'm just trying to help you to be a better person, because giving presents in pristine bags is important to me." I was not interested in the least, but tried to pretend. Then she got upset that I wasn't listening very attentively.
Then we walked a bit to the restaurant that wasn't too far away, and that I thought the two would like. Unfortunately, they didn't open until 7:30, so I thought that we could go to the corner cafe to get something to drink, since it was starting to rain. Not a good idea, since Aunt Yo just wanted to go home. So, she lectured again. For 20 minutes in the rain on the corner in front of McDonalds. I explained that we could skip the restaurant and go back to the apartment. In the end, I had to repeat myself a few times so that she could understand what her options were, and we ended up taking the metro back to my apartment (around the same time that the restaurant would have opened), and eating again at the Le Partage (the Indo-Pakistani place). There were tears again on Aunt Yo's part, and much irritation on mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment