Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Cliff Notes version

I'm falling so far behind! So here are a few notes. I'll flesh it out and add pix later.

Fri 4/18: Out to Le Moving for the WCS All-Stars dance event. All level class. Fabulous. Olivier Rio complemented my dancing from last week. Evening dance not very good ... no dedicated WCS room. Tried Rock dancing, which is very, very fast! Pas never showed up. Asked Vincent if he knew anyone going back to Paris, he asked another friend, and a very nice and talented woman gave me a ride back to the south of the city, and I taxied back to my place by 0400.

Sat 4/19: Up early and out to Le Moving for the first class. Exhausted. Some good and some not-so-good dancers in the intermediate level. Talked again with B-Boy, who is one of the better dancers at this level. Sushi for lunch, talked a bit with Laurent. More classes. Dinner out at Belle Epine Center: creperie with Greek P, B-Boy, Valerie, Phil, and another woman. Tried a little cidre in the traditional Bretan bowl. Also tried andouille and andouillette, both of which I didn't like. More dancing for late night. Got to dance with John Lindo!!! and Olivier. Pas didn't make it, but Laet gave me a ride home, very late at night.

Sun 4/20: Up early again! Made it for the second class. Very exhausted. Sushi lunch with B-Boy and some others. Filmed some rock dancing. Exchanged emails, etc. Laet again kindly gave me ride back to apartment. Did laundry, cleaned and slept!

Mon 4/21: Nothing much exciting today. Class. Went out to Gare du Nord to scope it out for when Ginger arrives and when I leave for London. Do-able. Slept.

Tues: Met MeMc in class. Fun. Had lunch with her and Mimsy somewhere in Marais. Curry and the most delicious chocolate cake. Must find out what it is later. Planned to go to Musee D-Orsay, but not feeling well, so went back to apartment, took some medicine, laundered sheets and slept. Out to dinner in Bastille with Mimsy, MeMc and Veronica, who (funnily enough, is a couchsurfer!). Exchanged life stories, mostly about dating or at least trying to, and reaffirmed that it's marvelous to be an independant woman travelling abroad with many options. Had escargot (yummy ... mostly butter and garlic) and lamb kidney (okay, tastes of liver, not something I would feel like I needed to order again). MeMc's steak was the best thing ... buttery. Delicious desserts. Walked back to Bastille.

No comments: