... even a disappointing night at Lindy Groove.
Work was harried. Unit was busy. I was in a big room, and had a pair. One little thing after another. One patient had a fever and needed to be pan-cultured. The other was pretty agitated, requiring lots of care, and additional pain and sedation meds. Feverish patient also had to get a thoracentesis, and have the fluid sent off for another battery of tests. New batch of residents who need to be broken in. Didn't take breakfast until 1100. Then, thoracentesis-boy had to go down for a hip CT ... since he couldn't fit into the MRI machine yesterday, due to the severe hip contractures that contort his body. Went down for that. When I got back, the resident complained that they hadn't read all of his comments, and we needed to go down for the pelvic CT. Ridiculous, since I think the resident ordered the CT wrong in the first place. Anyway, the fellow SS took a look at the CT on the computer (all of our radiology studies are digital ... I love it!), and said that the hip CT had captured the pelvic info they needed, and cancelled the second CT. Thank goodness!
Spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on thoracentesis boy's quadruple antibiotics (all given via a single lumen PICC line), and was grateful to report off the same nurse I had gotten report from in the morning.
Took a little nap in the staff lounge before heading up to LG. Have to say that it was a disappointing night. Every other year, the Thursday before Camp Hollywood has been fantastic, as all the out-of-towners have been so eager to ge in on the Lindy Groove action. However, I'd forgotten that this was the 10th anniversary of CH, and that they had planned a special event, with an instructor's jack and jill. Needless to say, the crowd at LG was thin. The number of people I wanted to dance with was small. Danced a few numbers with some guys who were eager to impress. Oh, they impressed all right, their thumbs into my forearms so much that the dance was more pain than pleasure! Whatever else it is, dancing should not be painful. I left much earlier than usual, and was glad to escape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment