Posted this over at exponent blog. Some really interesting responses. Am glad to know that many don't mind a bit of disconnect from their marriage partners in terms of interests. As yet I'm unconvinced that it will be something that I have to deal with. Not that I'm unconcerned. It's just that I may never find someone that I care deeply enough about, who reciprocates, to worry about it over.
One thing many of the interest-disconnected people seem to have in common is a really similar (or at least compatible) mode of communication. And therein, I think, lies my problem. I'm a good listener. Or at least when I'm not totally self-absorbed. And it's rare that I feel comfortable enough in a relationship to divulge lots of myself. Parts of myself ... well, okay. But the most important stuff only gets heard by the most important people ... which don't tend to be the people I date. I'm a good keeper, not giver, of secrets.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment