
Drove out to Burbank for the second time in a week. Stompy Jones playing at Downtown Burbank. Parking was a tangles mess of non-available spots. Finally found one down the street, AND it was free. I almost went into a dead faint ... or was it the heat in the oppressive parking structure.
Walking down the street, I skipped the last block, since I could head the band playing. Excitement!
Stompy Jones, aka Swing Session. A favorite band here in LA. However, JoNG delivered the bad news the other day that Pops (lead singer) had retired due to health reasons. It's tragic, since Pops ... well, he's unreplaceable. The new singer is young-ish, but he can't quite shake his Vegas lounge-y roots. Love the fact tha Burbank has outdoor dancing, eventhough I can't make it most Thursdays, and the floor in on an incline! It would seem as if outdoor venues are capitolizing on the uber-popular dancing dhows Dancing With The Stars and (my personal favorite) So You Think You Can Dance to get consumers out and about and ready to spend. Of course there weren't enough leads to satisfy all the follows, so I was more forward about getting dances ...
Which continued over at Lindy Groove later that night. I danced so much that I left before the evening ended! Good dances with StretchJ, Evincerator, Terminator and His Vickness. The up-and-coming crowd was also there. JoNg, E, N and Socrates. They've all become enthralled with dancing, and have really thrown themselves into it.
(And, I might have spent the morning watching all the special features on Tokyo Drift. Lots of deleted scenes that would have moved the understanding of the story along better. But, hey ... it was an action film. I'm just jealous of all the actors who got to practice drifting on a real driving course.)
1 comment:
Post a Comment