Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Forth of four

At last! Finally doing my forth shift of four. It's rare that I do more than two in a row ... it just takes a large toll on the body. However, with trying to squeeze in babysitting, et had to be done. Anyway, after today, I'm off work until Monday!!! Sometimes I feel very lucky to have a rather bohemian work schedule. Then again, when I have to work on a weekend on a holiday, there is occassional grumbling. Good thing I'm getting higher on the seniority list, and getting bargained off weekends and holidays.

Went across the street to tour the new mockup rooms. Hospital has been undergoing lots of rennovations and rebuilding ... as is every hospital that's getting retrofitted for the latest earthquake safety codes. New area looks impressive. We'll have one nurses station for every 4 beds, a procedure light at every bedside, suspended rods for monitors, ventlators and IV pumps, and a family space at each bedside. New building is supposed to be finished by 2010, but I'm inclined to be skeptical.

After work, headed up to Paladino's for the first time in years. Paladino's is a dive bar up in Reseda ... famous for being the LA city that the Karate Kid moved to decades ago. Actually, since the remodel, it's not so dive-ey. However, the floor is still sticky and less than desirable. Why go, then? Well, it's where most of the good Hollywood dancers hang out. Dave and Kim still run a fun place ... good music, lessons before-hand, lots of special parties and treats, and good dancers. When I first started going to Paladino's, I was wearing all kinds of vintage and styling my hair in 40's rolls. Nowadays I'm more likely to be wearing pants and a t-shirt, with my hair pulled back and coiled, and it's just as good ... without the drycleaning bills.

No comments: