
Went to the dentist today. The same one that Karaoke Dentist referred me to. And who I still go to, having had some bad experiences with unproficient &/or shady dentists. Despite the fact that his office is in Torrance. And maybe for the fact that he's the only dentist that I've found I can enjoy yammering on while my mouth is otherwise occupied. And, maybe that he has really good hygenists that don't hurt me.
Anyway ... I arrived early. Had my Liberty book all ready to read. Until my eye spotted a snazzy magazine. So, it was a high end men's magazine. So what. The cover was laden with some of the "97 best designs," and I had to have a look-see.
And, besides the world's smallest grill, designer Stefan Andren, some sleek techno gadgets, and a cool outdoor furniture set that stacks up into a rocketship, I found the house I would definitely buy if I had $800,000.00, plus money for land, permits, etc etc ...
Steve Glenn's luxury pre-fab house. Dat dada Daaaaaaa! Isn't it beautiful?
"Hold on a minute, Dora," you might say. "Your apartment looks nothing like this. What happened to faux painted walls, colonial, dark wood furniture, and vibrant tapestries? And you have way too much stuff in closets, and are way too much of a privacy freak to live in such a sparse home with no curtains!"
"So what," I'd counter. "Have you taken into account all the cool environmental features that this house exhibits? Great water efficiency. Use of recycled materials. Supremely energy efficient. All that open space! And it would be a fantastic place to park my new hybrid car!" Hey, as long as I'm dreaming, why not dream big?
I couldn't tear my eyes away from the house. Much to the annoyance of the dental hygienist who was trying to clean my teeth. But some things are just too riveting to turn away from.
2 comments:
I do like the design and I'm sure it has tons of light because of all the glass. If you were to live in this home though, be careful not throw stones. Or prance around in your skivvies.
I don't prance in just my skivvies. I always put on my black robe (the one that I was wearing when I met you that first time) before beginning any of my prancing sequences.
Post a Comment