
So, there I was. Bored. Had come home from dinner with a friend who had recently gotten back from travelling around the world ... seriously ... and heard all about his adventures. I was insanely jealous. Started looking around a travel thread. And found a reference to CouchSurfing.
Huh?
Made a new tab and opened the page.
...
And didn't come up for air until an hour later! This had got to be the most amazing thing I've ever heard about (Well, maybe not the most amazing thing ever, but really, really close up there, and definitely the most exciting thing I've heard about in the past three days)! Sounds like what happens at Lindy Exchanges, but more secure. Maybe closer to hostelling, which I'm a fan of (provided the bathrooms are clean). I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about this, especially with my travel plans next year. I've always said that, despite the "amazing" factor, what makes travel so fun is the sharing ... with friends I'm travelling with, or friends I'm travelling to.
The site seems huge! I only read the newbie info stuff, made a profile, and did a tentative search of one destination. But there are international discussion boards, and events, etc etc. I had to stop before I got totally sucked in for the night.
Anyway, take a look. If you've had any experiences with this organization or any similar to it, I'd love to hear about them. Seems too good to be true, and I'm desperately hoping it's not.
topic
No comments:
Post a Comment