Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rush blogging: Last day of work before vacation

Out of the six days I've worked this payperiod, I've precepted five. Three with A and two with B. Funnily enough, those are really their first initials, and not some random way for me to differentiate between them. I think A (new grad RN) will be an excellent nurse. Very verbal about questions and areas she doesn't understand, good critical thinking, safe practice. Plus I'm rooting for her since she's waiting for her (newly wed) husband to finish his current armed forces training stint on the east coast to end before he can move onto his next stint over here. B I think will also do well, although she doesn't seem to pick up things as quickly.

After today, I am off work until May 5th. Lots of fun in the next few days

Today is Big Bean's 4th birthday. Unreal how fast he is growing up ... developing those little personality quirks that make him into a real person. His fascination for the grotesque shark toy, stubbornness in shoe choice, his funny, air-sucking laugh, his accent as he asks, "Dowa, whacha doin?", and the fact that he's doing really well at phonetics and speaking English AND Korean.

No comments: