Sunday, April 02, 2006

Is it sanctimonious to love talks against sanctimoniousness?

Reset my watch before I went to sleep. Apparently JLITH and I were the only ones. As time drew nearer for the Sunday sessions to start, I couldn't understand why Bork and Genie were so complacent, especially as some of their friends had stayed the night to watch the morning session. When I finally asked them to turn on the projector, Genie gave me a strange look and asked why I was so antsy. In a minimum of words, I made my case, and we all rushed down to catch the beginning of conference. Genie shortly brought down some delicious breakfast quiche, and Bork woke up to join us.

Really liked today's subjects. The ones that stood out the most were Holland, Oaks and Wood. Can't wait until President Hinckley's (who was looking grimmer than I've ever seen him) remarks on racism from Priesthood session are available in print or on-line. I wonder if this has been motivated by events in Utah related to hurrican Katrina evacuees, or a natural progression of the church's being more worldwide and the members; need to be more open-minded in general. Anyway, I sensed a general feeling of anti-sanctimoniousness that I really connected with. Yes, there was a little napping, but that's what tivo is for back in Los Angeles. Sad that Elder Uchtdorf didn't speak, but he was the only one of my favorites that I missed.

Again regarding the prophet ... he has been ill. In January he had surgery to remove a cancerous growth on his intestine. I worry about him. Is it possible that this is his last GC? I don't know. All I know is that prayers the world over are asking for his continued health and strength, to which I add my own.

More Hinckley info

Later that night Bork, Genie and I played some Catan C&K. Sad that JLITH was on shift over-night and was unable to play, but it couldn't be helped. Actually, I should have skipped the games, but I am personally invested in getting as many people up to speed at C&K and the special rules that I couldn't refuse. Went to bed way too late.

No comments: