Thursday, April 20, 2006

Rush blogging: Day off before the deluge


What is wrong with this picture? WhenI finally figured out why my glasses were hurting, I went over to L.A. Eyeworks and got them fixed. The optician who fixed them was the same one who helped me pick them out a couple years ago. Handsome, but flamboyant in a way I've come to associate with gay men. Anyway, he has the most gorgeous eyes ... cerrulean blue. Or, maybe it's that I can look at his eyes without feeling self-conscious. After all, he is examining how the glasses fit, and isn't discomfited by my gaze. Maybe everyone's eyes would be as lovely if I had the opportunity to look.

Went over to Bel Aire Camera to get a waterproof case for my camera. No more accidents like in Hawaii or Havasupai! Also saw that "Take the Lead" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0446046/) was playing, and caught a mattinee showing. It was okay. Really liked the PTA meeting scene, the hot tango scene, Banderas' gentlemanliness, and the red-head's fro at the competition.

Los Angeles Lindy Exchange. Marvelous. Danced for 5 hours. Best was DaveG, such a lyrical and thoughtful and creative dancer. More later

No comments: