Had a few people over to watch the Oscars. Rather ridiculous, as I hadn't seen more than two or three movies in the theatre this past year, and only two or three on dvd. But it was an excuse to get together with friends, and that reason was reason enough.
First watched the red carpet show. Must say that evening gown kudos go to whoever dressed Gwyneth Paltrow and Reese Witherspoon. Lovely, lovely dresses. Demerits to the reporters from ABC ... irritating and often irrelevant chatter. The better red carpet show was the "highlights" one that just spotlighted the best fashion.
Ellen Degeneres hosted this year. And did marvelously. Loved the opening video clip, where they celebrated the nominees. And loved her gags. Handing a script to Martin Scorsese.Getting her picture taken with another. Vacuuming. And loved the dancers behind the screen who did the amazing shadow formations.
Had a very tense moment near the end. The show ran over. As yew duuuuuueeeee. And I hadn't extended the recording. Which meant that we didn't get to see the last coupe of awards ... which just happen to be the most important ones. There was almost widespread pandemonium. Until someone realized that I'd also set the tivo to record the show right after the Oscars. Aaaaaaahhhhh. So no, we didn't get to watch the Barbara Walters Oscar Extravaganza. But we did get to see the rest of the show. Must remember this for future awards shows. We almost had a meltdown tonight!
And now I'm excited about movies. Some that garnered awards (or didn't) that I want to see ...
Elizabeth I
Children of Men
The Queen
Happy Feet
Half Nelson
The Last King of Scotland
The Pursuit of Happyness
Letter From Iwo Jima
Flags of Our Fathers
Little Miss Sunshine
Pan's Labyrinth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment