Thursday, February 08, 2007

(Career) Woman Interrupted

I posted this over at X2 today. Some interesting responses so far. The thing is, I don't know how I would react to being a stay at home mother. Would I love it? Would I tear my hair out? Would working one day a week be enough to keep my sanity if I started to lose my grip? I don't know. And I'm not entirely convinced that I can know until I'm actually facing the situation head on. Of course, this is all academic. I'm still single. I have no children. And I seem to constantly be looking for ways to cut back on my hours at work. But I take comfort in the fact that there are many different answers to the question of how to balance family and work. And that even a man as traditional as my father was able to carefuly listen when my mother approached him with her issues, and that they were able to find a solution together.

No comments: