(Darn it, the heads got cut off! Anyway, this is the logo for DSB.)Went and got my hair done today. Marvelous and easy drive up to Glendale.
Afterwards drove out to San Marino for a Do Something Blue dance.
Tracy lead the lesson, with Melissa as the follow. Lots of really good information and technique. And I liked how Tracy kept reiterating that it was just a dance. Seems as if some new dancers get the feeling that because they are dancing with someone so closely, that their partners must necessarily feel some romantic attachment. Not that I deny that it can happen, but it's generally a good thing to talk to the person one has romantic feelings for, as opposed to stalk them on the dance floor.
During the lesson I danced a couple of times with That Tall Asian Guy. TTAG is tall, asian, slightly older, very stiff, and always creeps me out a bit. Maybe because he physically reminds me of my father. Maybe because he always comes on a little strong. Maybe it's the overpowering cologne. Maybe it's because I think he thinks he's better than he actually is. I don't know. For whatever reason, I don't really like to dance with him. Which is unfair, because, deep down, I do think that he means well, and is probably just insecure. And it's not like he's creepy in the blatant manner of Dead Fish Guy.
Did manage to get some dances in with Arthur and Arnold ... both amazing blues dancers. And talked some with LitheOne (who I met at Gwynn's party) and some other fun (and also little) asian girl. We commiserated about Dead Fish Guy. Creepy. Even more so now. Before, he usd to plaster his hair to his head in imitation of Nick. Now it seems as if he's decided that more is more, and is growing his locks out. But even more than the hair ... it's the inappropriateness of him. Inappropriate dips, drops, lifts and leans. Creepy hand gestures. Always searching for young asian women. And (per report) inappropriate touching. Creepy. I generally dance with anyone who asks, but whenever he's around, I always find something else to do to signify that I cant' dance the current song.
Also talked some with Sheri. Didn't know that she worked as a physical therapist. Turns out that she regularly works with one of the more spectacular patients that came through my work. When she mentioned the name, I immediately knew who it was, even though it's been almost five years since the admission. Will have to report back to the old-timers at work on the progress. Most of the time I eschew talking on the dance floor. Really, what can be said in a couple minutes that can be worth exploring when there's music blasting in the background? But everyonce in a while I click with a person or topic that merits going beneath the surface, and this was one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment