So, Gwynn invited me to a Pre-Valentine’s, Clear Intentions party. The invitation made me laugh.
‘The party is color coded, so please dress according to the color guidelines. You must wear ONE COLOR ONLY pants can be the exception), with one accessory color … it’s a “clear intentions” party, people!! You cannot show up rainbow colored, even if you are gay. Apologies for the crudeness J …
RED: happily taken
BLACK: where’s the booze?
ORANGE: looking to casually date
GREEN: horny/ just looking for someone for tonight … use your imagination
PURPLE: need a spooning buddy (while watching Battlestar Galactica … this one is for Mandy)
BLUE: broken and on the rebound, proceed with caution
WHITE: looking for a relationship
YELLOW: just here to meet new friends … awwww
PINK: swinger (non-dancing related)’
And really, I don’t know Mandy, and I don’t want to spoon with her. But I wore purple … if only to bond with the other BSG’ers..
Liked the party early on. Although it was strange … sitting and talking with people from whom I generally only want one thing. These girls who are all friends from a Baptist university out in Riverside. One guy who’s in a neuroscience grad program at USC … and the rather unlucky, non-dancing schoolmate that he brought along. Trying to talk football and failing miserably (running back versus wide receiver?), Melissa’s birthday, and she’s a tender 18! This other group who went to India. And so on. Uncomfortable to chitchat, but satisfying to find interesting details.
No comments:
Post a Comment