Monday, February 19, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Cramming in as many dances as possible before 2230 on Thursday, because I had to work on Friday and Saturday.

My pulmonary hypertension patient (who's listed for a lung transplant) getting her wish "made" ... a laptop with printer, headphones, videocam, dvd's, creative software, etc etc. I love the Make a Wish Foundation.

Lunch in the garden of my work with Socrates on a sunny Saturday.

Chatting with Wry-an. Whipper-snapper. Afterwards, reading over some recent chats with friends ... smile on my face.

Good news from my Relief Society president. I feel like I'm helping things to change. Good news in the next few months.

Lunch with my visiting teacher. I'm not the easiest woman to visit teach, but she keeps coming back.

Singing in the ward choir. I'm an out-of-practice alto. Even with practice, I'm not very good. But I enjoy it.

Reading LDS feminist blogs. Exponent II and Zelophehad's Daughters. I don't always agree. And sometimes the hecklers are really irritating. But I love to read what these amazing contributors write.

Coming home and playing a knock-down game of Catan. I didn't win. But I was a contender, with two metropoli.

Finding out about Pho-Siam.I've been craving Thai massage ever since I stepped on the plane to leave Thailand a few years ago. Aaaahhhhhh ...

Running my fingers through my almost-dry hair.

Life is good.

No comments: