Sunday, September 24, 2006

Going topless and a star sighting

Left the Perky home early in the morning. Drove through Estes Park, up to Rocky Mountain National Park. After a quick stop at the visitor's center, and a chat with a friendly ranger, I drove out to take a look at Bear Lake. The scenery was so beautiful that I pulled on all the available layers of warm clothes, laid my pashmina over my lap, donned my cap and gloves, and took the convertible top down (HA! Not what you were hoping for?) and drove topless throughout the park. It was gorgeous. Blue blue sky. Tall evergreens. Autumning trees. Elk in the meadow. THe only bad point was getting stuck behind a black behemoth SUV that spouted black smoke at me, and refused to let me pass. It was a relief when he pulled off. Also took the scenic route out toward Sheep Lakes, and then it was time to scurry out to the airport.

Drove very fast all the way out to the airport, as I'd spent more time than I should have in the mountains. Thank heaven for traffic-free toll roads. Must admit that it was fun to have the top down the entire way. Got to the airport in good time, and the flight back to LAX was uneventful.

Took the bus back to Sepulveda and Santa Monica. Was going to wait for the transfer to get me nearer the apartment, but the weather was fine, and I had my super-roller carry-on, so I decided to walk. Glad I did. Because, at Westwood and Santa Monica, as I was waiting for the light to change, I saw a short, stocky asian man with a queer haircut walking towards me. It was too good to pass up, so I addressed him and said, "Excuse me, aren't you the gentleman from So You Think You Can Dance?" So sad that I couldn't remember that his name was Hawk. Anyway, it was him, and we exchanged pleasantries before the light changed again, and we separated. How's that for an LA homecoming?

No comments: