Thursday, June 01, 2006

Happy Talky Talky

The old musical "South Pacific" may have distinguished "Happy Talky Talky" as a lonely soldier finding solace in a beautiful, mute, polynesian girl's arms, but fortunately I've found a better source.

Went down to Irvine today. Watched snippets of SYTYCD with BGF, then had a little swing practice.

Went over to Outhouse, where NWb gave a fantastic lesson on the Great Apostacy. The original context was as related to the Bible, but he expanded it to relate to the Plan of Salvation, historical context and plan, and personal apostacy. Really great discussion, from which I'm to get an article that greatly interests me.

And lastly, dropped in on pilgrimgirl for a good long chat. Talked about cabbages and kings, matters lighthearted and weighty. So good to get caught up with her, as we haven't really talked since before I went to Argentina. Really, PG is one of maybe three to four people with whom I can talk so frankly and about so many different things. Am so glad she and Oni-chan came back to Southern California.

No comments: