
One of the YSA mega-activities in my stake. I remember the days well when we were all so invested. One year, we even made a submission ... me, Precious, Sammers, Mr. Baritone, Muscles and Rocket Scientist.
But I digress. Maybe I'll backtrack and explain. I live in Los Angeles. The movie (not film, sad to say) capitol of the world. Anyway, every year the local YSA ward has a mock-Oscars night. People make short films (the best are 5 minutes or less), submit them for the showing, and dress up like it's an actual awards show. Hmmm ... in print, it sounds really unexciting. But it's really quite fun, and who doesn't like to see themselves or friends on the big screen?




Anyway, Wry-an took me out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. We were joined by Perky, TD&H and a friend of Perky's just for some company. Which was fun. Except we ended up talking about baseball trivia for almost the whole night. Not that I'm opposed to baseball, and a rather indepth disection of LDS baseball players. Just that it's not my ideal dinner convo topic.
My picks this year were M. Hammari's Bad Dream, and Do Re Andy. Although Gadget Boy's Action short was hilarious. Here's to keeping The Industry dream alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment