

A few of us early birds were up ... well, with the birds. A little chatting, then it was time for some breakfast. Laughtear and Drummer Boy did admirably with pancakes, bacon and eggs while a few of us got some morning Catan going, and others did some more chatting.
A brief walk around the lake got our blood pumping, and then it was dock time. Drummer Boy and I went for a swim. Yes, the water was a little brisk. Maybe refreshing is a better word.Gadget and White Boy made quite an entrance with the boat, but only GB actually enjoyed the refreshing-ness of the lake.
Superman logged a little solo time in the boat (being unsuccessful in persuading Precious to join him) before I paddled him out for a short tour of the lake.
Up at the house, Wonder Woman was starting the fixings for a delish rib dinner with her famous baked beans and potato salad.
GB, SEE, Superman and Drummer Boy went out for some geocaching. Boys out for some treasure.
Some more chatting down at the dock, waiting for the sunset, and some more on the deck. Let's just say there was a lot of chatting. Bonded with Edge Dancer over So You Think You Can Dance, and the quirks of some of the judges/choreographers. I might have bragged about my star sighting on Thursday.
There also may have been some Sardine-ing that night. Can't say that I was initially over-enthused, but the rapping counts of GB, WB and SEE got us in the mood. The most successful sardine was Gadget Boy, so much so that I halfway decided to change his nickname to Yoga-Master. I don't think anyone else could fit under the bathroom sink, but then again, I don't know anyone else who's tried.
Suddenly it was music time. SEE and Danny sang and played some great songs. Then Drummer Boy played some sing-along type songs that we all percussed to along with the musical toys Wonder Woman picked up on the way up the mountain.
It may have been time for sleep, had FGITW not conned a couple of us to play one more game of Catan. And yes, it was a CON. That girl, rumored to be friendly, absolutely slaughtered us. It was quite bloody. Friendly? Riiiiight. As a baracuda.
No comments:
Post a Comment