Memorial Day. Didn't have any plans, and didn't really want to make any. So, I celebrated by cleaning.
To be totally frank, there are many MANY things I would rather do than clean my bathroom or vaccuum. I love to straighten, do laundry and even take a measure of satisfaction in washing dishes. But scrubbing is not my forte. However, every once in a while I get the feeling, and it is not to be gainsaid. So, bathroom scrubbing it was. All shower surfaces (even the tracking elements of the sliding shower doors!), countertops, sinks, toilet and floor. By the time I was finished, the whole room was sparkling ... except the mirrors, which I have deferred until later. Because really, I have too much mirror in my bathroom ... far more than I need or want.
After that, the spirit moved on to vacuuming. A little while ago, I bought a little (and I do mean little, even the handle contracts for easier storage) bagless vacuum that I really love. Being little, I have to empty the chamber just about everytime I use it (especially after doing the living room, where Wonder Woman's lush rug sometimes seems to shed fuzz). And, being as three girls live at my apartment, I have to pull the hairs from the roller at the base so that it can turn freely and not burn up the engine. But I love it. Doing these little maintenances feels strangely cathartic.
So, at the end of the afternoon, when the cleaning spirit finally stopped moving, and I got to do a little more straightening, we had a clean apartment with which to welcome some of the crew over to play a couple of gruelling games of Catan. None of which I won, but we did expand the pool of special rules platers by two. Also did a bit of Family Business-ing. Good thing RM was there ... he provided an objective enemy. Generally when we play FB, it boils down to Improv-er and Wonder Woman against me and White Boy ... girls against girls and boys against boys. Which got me thinking, wouldn't it be funny if the girls had a secret pact and ganged up on the boys? Food for future fodder.
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment