Friday, December 02, 2005

One of my favorite places

It's a bit small, as apartments go ... although, it's rather large for an on-campus place. There are books wall to wall and even in shelves along the hall. Two kitties meander around; one very friendly and loves my purse, the other not so friendly, but immensely cute. Pictures of family and friends everywhere. A large kitchen table for eating, conversing and home-working over. Two comfy easy chairs. A plant that the kitties like to munch on. Two gifted, inquisitive and amicable children with parents to match. A place where conversation is thoughtful, passionate, inspiring, shared, kind, and enlightening. A place, in short, that feels like a second home ... a place of refuge. Where else could it be but the living room of my good friends Pilgrim girl and Ni-chan?

They gave me a copy of Exuberance: The Passion For Life. Turns out that Jamison is a MacArthur fellow. Just as in my conversation with LouAnn on planning travel around UNESCO World Heritage Sites, I think I will tailor my non-fiction reading list around MacArthur fellowship awardees

1 comment:

jana said...

Did you know that Mike Davis is a MacArthur fellow, too? I not only want to read books by the MacFellows, I want to _be_ one myself someday :)