




Apartment Christmas party. In lieu of the large party, we decided to have a dinner with the people we like the most. So, besides Wonder Woman and Perky, we also had BFF, Pilgrim girl, Nichan, C & E, Mrs. Activities, Mr. Baritone, Son of a Pitch, FGITW, Bigggie D, Precious, Superman, PTPhD, Press-art, Lovely Lady, Karaoke dentist, Party girl, Filmfan, Boo Radley. Twenty two people counting the children. It was madness trying to get everyone seated, especially as I had miscounted ... or rather, not counted the children as needing chairs!
The "cooperative" part was that everyone brought something ... appetizers, drinks, salad, soup, side dishes, main dishes, bread and butter, chairs, tables, and lots of pictures to share.
It was so nice to have some of our favorite people gathered in one place. Some we see every week, others we're lucky to see once a year. It's so good to have a chance to catch up, in person, while sharing food that everyone contributed toward. There is something vitalizing about sharing my life with loved ones. Not that accomplishments need to be validated by others to have significance ... I do very significant work everyday, that I rarely share with people outside of work. However, there is just something very affirming about sharing quality time with people I care about. As I keep reminding myself ... Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment