So here's my list from 2005. Not as long as I expected. Some were absolutely fantastic, and some were ... not. Most of the ones I've linked, along with the rereads, I passed along to my work book club group. Discovered non-fiction this year.
2005 Book List
FICTION:
The Bell Jar, Plath
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, Coelho
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime,
Deception Point, Brown
The Lovely Bones, Sebold
Mrs. Dalloway, Woolfe
My Sister’s Keeper, Picoult
My Year of Meats, Ozeki
The Picture of Dorian Gray, Wilde
A Prayer for Owen Meany, Irving
The Princess Bride, Morgenstern
Rachel and Leah, Card
Shadow of the Giant, Card
Wiseblood, Flannery
NON-FICTTION:
Canaries on the Wind, Ward
David O. McKay and the Rise of Modern Mormonism, Prince
Freakonomics, Levitt and Dubner
Funny in Farsi, Dumas
He’s Just Not That Into You, Behrendt and Tuccillo
Me Talk Pretty One Day, Sedaris
The Motorcycle Diaries, Guevara
Queen Bees and Wanna Bees, Wiseman
Rough Stone Rolling. Bushman
Schoolgirls, Orenstein
Currently reading:
Adam, Eve, and the Serpent, Pagels
Beyond Belief, Pagels
Exuberance, Jamison
Disciples, Okazaki
The Fox Woman, Johnson
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Sophie’s World, Gaarder
The World is Flat, Friedman
Reread Fiction:
Ahab’s Wife, Naslund
Bel Canto, Patchet
Blindness, Saramago
The Count of Monte Cristo, Dumas
Cyrano de Bergerac, Rostand
Ender’s Game, Card
Girl With a Pearl Earring, Chevalier
The Hours, Cunningham
In the Time of the Butterflies, Alvarez
Frankenstein, Shelley
Jane Eyre, Bronte
Mrs. Dalloway, Woolfe
Persuasion, Austen
The Red Tent, Diamant
Siddhartha, Hesse
Reread Non-fiction:
Color, Finlay
Complications, Gawande
Emperor of Scent, Burr
Refuge, Williams
Through Harsh Winters, Kikumura
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can you put stars next to them so I know which will be worth my time?? :)
[And thanks, BTW, for all the good books that you've sent my way this year!!]
All the worthwhile ones I read this year are linked to amazon; and ALL the rereads are worth it!
Post a Comment