Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Not-so-random pitching

Went with Wonder Woman to see the Random Pitches perform over at the Visitor Center. In alphabetical order: JB.com, Little Voice, Mr. Baritone, Precious, Satine and White Boy. They are all so talented, although I must admit that Little Voice has an extra sparkle about her that makes me think she's had more musical theatre experience. It always amazes me how wonderful they sound. Makes me miss singing in church next to Precious ... I always sound better when I sing next to her. Numbers I particularly liked: Groovy, the Jungle Song, Prayer of the Children, I Saw Mommy, and Come Thou Fount.

Afterwards, a few of us we went to Shamshiri for some dinner. Good to catch up with Precious' mother and Co, who had extended their Thanksgiving stay in order to hear the Pitches. It makes me happy to see them so happy. Everyone had so much they wanted to say that I rather held my tongue throughout dinner, my eyes at times glazing over. Sometimes it's just good to allow people the time and space to just talk, and I was happy to oblige.

No comments: