



Genie and I took Big and Little Beans to Red Butte Garden today. Almost didn't make it ... Mapquest gave screwy directions that almost pushed us over the edge of wanting to visit. However, we made it, and had a fantastic time exploring the children's garden. Of note: large lizard statues that the kids rode like broncos, a dragon with a wire-frame body that extends into a maze that the Beans ran and giggled through, and a sundial that's calibrated by month.
Then, we took a drive over to Gilgal Garden to have a few words with the Joseph Smith Sphinx. The Beans loved crawling through the mini-cave formations while the JSS whispered secrets of the ages in my ear. As we were leaving the garden, we let the kids go leaf-ing, something they've never been able to so in LA. Gathered crunchy leaves into large piles and let them have at it. Revels galore.
Finally, went to Trolley Square to see "States of Grace." I liked it. Gritty. Like a puff of sand that makes your eyes water, and when the tears have washed the grit away, your perception of the view is even more beautiful than before. I didn't like that Dutcher made LA look like an ugly place, and the ending was a bit overdone, but I understand that he was trying to make a statement, and I mostly agreed with him. Also, I had to laugh out loud when my cousin (a businessman, NOT an actor) appeared onscreen as the bishop of the ex-gang-banger's ward. My cousin the sneak ... he never said anything about it.
Bork and I drove over to the airport that night to pick up the last of the clan ... brother, mother, father and aunt. I think dad now knows to turn on (and KEEP on) his cellphone whenever arriving. Another amazing dinner by Genie. Good to catch up with everyone. Had planned to go out dancing again, but the family stuff was too good to miss out on.
No comments:
Post a Comment