Finally! After one plane ride from Shanghai to Beijing, an extended layover (9 hours!!!), and a long flight over the Pacific ocean, I'm finally home. The first thing I did after disembarking was visit the closest ladies' room. It was wonderful ... just cleaned: the bleach smell still lingering in the air, and the toilet seats all still up. (Note: freshly cleaned toilets are the only situation in which I'm glad to see the seat cover up). Tanizaki had it all wrong ... in the case of toilets, there is no praise of shadows. The only beautiful color for a toilet is sparkling clean.
After only a short panic attack over getting a ride home, I was comfortably ensconced in Perky's VW, on the way back to my wonderful apartment. Gave the parents the I-made-it-back-safely call, unpacked, did some laundry, and put my life back in order. So wonderful! Now if only I didn't have to go to work in the morning ...
Sometime soon I'll be back-blogging about the rest of the trip. Maybe before leaving for SLC, maybe not. Anyway, stay tuned ...
Friday, November 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sand-dollar:
We lost you at the airport--I thought you were safely whisked away by friends before we even got our luggage off the carousel. Did everything go ok?
BTW, I still owe you 90-something yuan for the backrub and 50 for the internet cafe, right? :)
Post a Comment