Saturday, June 16, 2007

Trying out my new, expensive and ugly shoes

Bork's birthday this past week. As a break, I told Bork and Genie that I would babysit for them down in OC so that they could get out and have some couple time.

On the way, I stopped at South Coast Plaza and bought these shoes. Really, they very ugly. And, they happen to be the most expensive shoes I've ever bought. But, in the quest for a stronger core, and less joint impact, I'm sufficiently intrigued enough to try themjavascript:void(0) out. They came highly recommended by one of the cardiologists at my work. She'd been having trouble with her back, and was recommended to try these by her physical therapist, and has been raving about them ever since. I tried them on earlier in the week, and was almost convinced, but decided to sleep on it.

Got over to the Dragon family home. Heard about their woeful experiences trying to golf for the first time. Luckily thy played a game called Scramble, so it wasn't too awful for the beginners. Bork mused about maybe having to take up the game to be more social with coworkers. Anyway, after a little whining from Bean Two, I shooed Bork and Genie out the door for a night of bowling. Turns out there's a company bowling night coming up, and Bork wanted to pep up his game!

The Beans were pretty good. Bean Three freaked out a little bit when Beans One and Two went out to play. But at least it wasn't awful-freaking-out ... he didn't fight me when I picked him up, just continued to cry until Bean One came and comforted him, and we gave him his nightly bottle a little early. Yes, I recognize that Stranger Anxiety is one of the developmental stages of infancy, I just don't like it much.

When it got dark, Beans One and Two trooped in and started playing with the legos. I'm so glad that they're at an age where they can entertain themselves. I pulled on my ugly, expensive shoes, and walked around the apartment ... back room to living room to back room to living room ...

Put Bean Three down to sleep at 1930, and turned on the fan for a little white noise. He cried for about six minute, then settled into sleep. He was so quiet that I snuck in just to make sure he was breathing.

Beans One and Two got tired of playing, and came to ask for some ice cream. After some hard bargaining, I got them to eat some more of their veggies from dinner, and they each had a scoop of rocky road. Both Beans show excellent taste, choosing the better path ... chocolate instead of vanilla.

As I started washing the dishes, the boys started to wrestle. Then Bean Two started whining, which is par for the course. Then he started whining louder, and Bean One started protesting his innocence. At which point I put them in separate chairs in the living room and told them to stay put. Bean One settled in, but Bean Two kept wailing. At one point, B1 tried to tell me something, but I couldn't hear him. So when I finished risning the dish in my hand, I turned around. Funnily enough, Bork and Genie walked in the door at that moment, and we all found out what B1 had been trying to tell me ... B2 (still wailing) had peed his pants! What was there to do but laugh? Good thing that Bork and Genie are disposing of the furniture (all scavenged from decades worth of old furniture at my parents' house) when the summer is over. Hopefully B2 won't be emotionally scarred for life, and will have many future happier peeing moments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excited to see how they work for you. They remind me of the shoes they wear in the future society from "Bill and Ted's" Long live the shoes of the future.

r