Improv-er was up next. Had to leave to be at his ward today. I felt bad, since he'd had so little time with us, and he didn't even want any breakfast. Iasked him if he wanted to take any snacks along. He looked down at his shorts, where my eyes followed, and said, "Of, don't worry about me. I've got a banana in my pocket." At which point his eyes shot up, and he gave a comedic horrified grimace, and at which I burst out laughing. Trust Improv-er to make every moment a funny one.
Cut some watermelon for breakfast, chatted with people as the house slowly came to life, and rearranged the Catan board for any last games to be played. Indeed, we were about to start a game ... had even placed our settlements ... when Music Man wandered down, and I had to excuse myself.
For my birthday, MM had brought up his massage table, and was going to treat me to an hour massage! What a wonderful birthday present: something I really enjoy, by a good friend utilizing his talents at a studied skill. We looked for a place to setup, and had several possibilities, but finally got it going up in the game room as soon as the boys were up and out. And for the next hour ... Mmmmmmm!
After the massage, there was a flurry of activity to pack everything up. Even with hiring a cleaning service, there's still so much to do. In my haste, I didn't eat any of the remaining curry, but we got our group shot in. And with photoshopping in everyone who had to leave early, and editing out people's best shots, the result is this:

Finally, everything was out! We all lingered to say our goodbyes, then separated. Drove the t rash and the key over to the rental office, and met up with Superman, Precious, Shimai J, Gadget Boy, Girl Friday and Drummer Boy at McDonald's in the village. I mourned over the last of the curry, which I'd sent home with Music Man, and settled for an angus burger.
We left the McDonald's in time to get to the Arrowhead ward building. In time to arrive for the non-existant sacrament meeting! Turns out the info on the church website was incorrect, the ward members knew that it was wrong, and yet no one had corrected it. Oh well. As Precious said, "We should get points for trying."
The trip down the mountain would have been uneventful, aside from the walkie-talkies that kept things GB's and Precious' car in touch. I should have yelled "Ruffff-ina!" Oh, and GB following DB onto the wrong freeway exit.
After battling some traffic back to the west side, I was grateful to arrive at home. Kudos to GB who was basically solo after both Girl Friday and I crashed into slumber. I threw a load into the laundry and settled in for another nap, fully intending to get over to GB's to watch Planet of the Apes (point of pride that everyone was so busy having a good time doing other things that we didn't watch a movie this year). Woke up at 0200, and realized it was for the best. (Aside: after a few rounds of post-Arrowhead Halo, no one else was able to muster the ability to stay up another 2 hours for the movie either!)
No comments:
Post a Comment