Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's a So You Think You Can Dance summer

Came home from another great DoT discussion. I should have gone straight to sleep, since I had to work in the morning. Did I? Nope. How could I, with a new episode of SYTYCD ready and waiting for me on the tivo?

How was it? Absolutely fantastic! Midway through, Wonder Woman came down to finish watching with me.

Lacey and Kameron danced Mia Michale's choreography beautifully. This one was my favorite piece of the evening.

Sara and Jesus did an absolutely fabulous piece by Wade Robson. WR is such an amazing chorepgrapher ... so innovative and creative. I wonder what it must be like to live in his head.

Shauna and Jimmy did this great piece by Tyce Diorio. Confess that I don't always like Diorio's stuff, but I loved how this piece was so fun, joyful and energetic.

Sabra and Dominic did a great piece by Doriana Sanchez. Sanchez's stuff can be really corny, but it just made me smile. As did Dominic's pants.

And, I even enjoyed Anya and Danny doing the jive. I generally don't like jive numbers, but Tony Meredith made this piece much more current by using an Avril Lavigne song, and not being too hokey.

I love, Love, LOVE this show! I think I got to sleep around 0100.

And, I'll just include these couple of clips of dancers who didn't make the top 20, but who I still thought were amazing.

Brian Gaynor doing the robot. I want to show this clip to all the kids who come in to my hospital for spinal fusions for scoliosis.
Phillip Chbeeb showing the world what's new in popping. I love it when he wiggles his boneless arms and pushing his chin around.
Caitlin Cucchiara
And I loved the clogger kid, but can't seem to find any clips of him.

No comments: