Converted this blog to the new google format. Not that I actually had a choice. Either I hit an inadvertent key, or they were forcing my hand. I think it’s the latter. But I really do like the new format. And spent about 90 minutes labeling past posts.
Entered my garage. Four hours later, it’s a new place. Killed about 25 spiders of various sizes. Swept the largest collection of mouse droppings I have ever seen in my life. Saw one black widow spider. Threw away myriad cans of expired foods. I felt horrible looking at our dumpster. In my defense, the food wasn’t mine … and as much of it was gourmet-ish stuff, I didn’t feel like I could dispose of it without the owner’s permission. But still, I felt bad. However, on the whole, I think the joy of purging the garage just outweighs the sorrow at so much waste.
Nichan, Gameboy and JHW came over for a chat after an anti-war march (rally?) downtown. Interesting to hear their stances on the issue. I still feel so muddled about it all. Paralyzed by indecision. At least that’s one thing I have in common with US politicians.
Over to Pizzicotto for dinner. Che meraviglioso e delizioso! Warm spinach salad, pumpkin gnocchi, the risotto special, and porkchop with polenta. Eaten family style, of course. Lots and lots of carbs. Mmm mmm mmm. I just love it there. Yes, Brentwood may now be overflowing with Italian restaurants, but Pizzicotto is the place for me. Being in the neighborhood also reminded me of Sammie, who is getting married soon. Saw her the other week, and was heartglad to see her so happy.
Then to Borders. Wandered around laughing at ridiculous books, and hungering after good ones. At one point my friend pointed to two books about Lewis and Clark: the Dummies’ Guide, and one more obscurely named.
F: Now which one would you choose. The one with the boring title? Or the one with the insulting title?
Me: Knowing you know nothing is the beginning of knowledge. Er, wait … the beginning of wisdom. Knowing you know nothing is the beginning of wisdom, grasshopper.
F: And the end of wisdom is dumb.
And that was the last thing I heard before the giggles took over …
Ended up getting The Secret Life of Bees. I know it’s one of Madwoman’s favorites, and I’ve been meaning to read it.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment