Went to the movies tonight. By myself. Used the last of the passes A got me as a gift way back when. (Aside: I can't believe that evening movies are now $11 at AMC. Even the mattinees are $9. That's about as close to highway robbery as one can get in a town that frequently makes movies about highway robbery. Good grief! This makes the decision, of which movies are theatre ones vs rentals, much, much easier. I should also note that I used the other pass to see "Step Up," which really didn't merit the ticket, as the dancing, choreography, plot and acting were pretty awful).
Tonight's movie was Stomp the Yard. Yes, the plot was
You Got Served all over again. And yes, the acting was rather mediocre. And yes, I had to laugh and wince whenever some frat boy threw back his head and howled, or made the sign of the hissing cobra with his hand. But the dancing ... aaahhh, the dancing ... 'twas fabulous. And the cinematography kept me riveted. A little choppy, but gritty and gripping. So much so that I didn't even groan (at least not audibly) when the movie ended with the tired and old "tie-breaker" device. Those of you who have seen "You Got Served" will remember what this is.
Anyway. It was expensive. And late. On a night after work. And predictable. But it was great. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a sudden urge to watch my YGS dvd. Thank heavens for dvd menus and scene selection!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment