Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 Book List

Once again, I find myself looking at the list of books I read during the past year, and being startled at how short the list is.

My favorite read this year was undoubtedly The Bookseller of Kabul. Phenomenal. This is a book that I could reread each year, along with The Emperor of Scent.

The runner-up this year was Blink. I raced through it, loaned it out to friends, and reread portions between loans.

The rest of the books are as listed below. Yes, I padded the numbers with a couple children's books. So sue me. I *'d the ones that were particularly good.
Artemis Fowl
* Garlic and Sapphires
Goodbye, I Love You
The Kite Runner
The Know-It-All
* Mauss
Mormon Enigma
Never Let Me Go
* Nickel and Dimed
O Pioneer
Seasoning of a Chef
Snowflake Bentley
* Soul of a Chef
Spook.
Tender at the Bone

As for rereads? The usual. The Emperor of Scent, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion. So marvelous and fascinating that they draw me back year after year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knocked off about five on that list. Hat tip for reading Wila Cather. She is amazing. I've read almost everything sh'es written.