Friday, August 18, 2006

Meet the ... uhm ... older sister archetype?

So, Wry-an has been wanting me to meet Georgia Peach. Actually, I'd already met her, and liked her, and been impressed before I ever knew he knew her. But I got the impression that he wanted me to like her more than just as a girl who's excited to learn about swing/blues dancing. So I offered to take them out to dinner. And a couple of weeks later, we finally got our schedules insync enough to get together.

Went to Pizzicotto in Brentwood. My favorite Italian eatery. Il cibo e' tanto delizioso (that sounds about right, although my Italian is so corrupted by the broken Spanish I use at work, that I don't half trust myself). We ate outside, a first. Mixed green salad, risotto di terra (my favorite), grilled salmon with veggies, and pumpkin gnocchi. Meraviglioso!

Lots of talk. The Emma Smith bio I have on my to-read list. Sunstone symposium. Georgia and the southern wave. Travel for fun. Travel for work. GP's clinic work in Africa. Good times.

Anyway, they have my approval. Not that they need it. But I am rooting for them. I want them to be happy.

And really, I would like to see all of my friends happy. It makes me sad when good friends are unhappy, or I see friends doing things that I can't see leading to happiness. But then again, I'm a friend, and not their mom. And I think they will be vastly happy. And really, no one needs my approval. Not even my youngest brother (who is one year younger than Wry-an), although I hope he doesn't ever hook up with THAT GIRL again.

No comments: