
Went to work today. Intended to have one of the fellows look at my toe and prescribe more some antibiotics. However, it was the B-team on today, and I decided that it would be better to go to UCLA ED afterhours and get this thing in the system in case I needed referrals later on. Ended up taking some supplies, into a bathroom and removing the offending and detached toenail off and dressing it with some xeroform to dry it out.
After work, drove home, changed, and went over to UCLA ED. How bad could it be? The first (and last) time I was there was New Year's Eve, and it was pretty deserted. How bad indeed. First, there was no parking in the ED lot. The parking girl said that it would be $8 to park in the other lot, and I was squeezed for cash this week. Tried to park on the street, but that was impossible. After about 20 minutes total, I pulled up to a separate kiosk. The guy told me that the $8 was refundable (!), but that the kiosk closed at 2200. Anyway, in I went. Got registered (coincidentally right after a girl who also had a toe injury that looked to be gettin infected), and hurried to get my parking reimbursed before the deadline.
Back in the waiting room, I parked myself on a chair against a wall and snoozed a little. The Other Toe Girl (hereafter TOTG) and I were called back together, and placed in a large room with curtains that separated each gurney. After the initial assessment by the nurse, TOTG pulled back the curtain, and we compared our undressed wounds. She got off with a pair of crutches, but I won with a prescription for Keflex, which look so pretty with their scarlet capsules.
I actually miss my toenail, but even more I miss all the dancing I was to do in SLC, and the dancing at Paladino's amd LG that I am missing out on now. My one consolation is the hope that I'll be healed enough to go to Havasupai next month.
No comments:
Post a Comment