Today was the bi-annual nurse resident graduation at my work. Normally I don't attend. However, since A was graduating, and since I didn't know if her husband or any of her family were able to come, I gussied up a little and drove to work on a non-work day.
Ceremony was actually very nice. They showed the "Arms Wide Open" video. Confess that I got a little teary. Kids from CDC came in and sang. B. Harrison spoke. Confess that the kids in my ward's primary are much better. And the graduating residents were presented with pins, certificates, and the little replica of the first Children's Hospital in Los Angeles that we all got for the anniversary a couple years back.
Didn't stay for the reception. Took a minute to tell A how proud I was of her and give her a hug and congratulations. There was a young guy and a gentleman in a wheel chair with her, who I assumed to be her husband and an elderly relative. Franny told me later that A's husband and family were unable to make it, and that the guy was an old high school friend who lived in the area. Made me doubly glad that I was able to be there and support A. I think she is going to be a fabulous PICU nurse ... she has that intelligence that is able to troubleshoot complexly sick children, and she has a tender heart that reaches out to those in need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment