Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Office ... a near-star sighting.


So, there I am at work. My only patient was a kidney transplant girl who I'd just sat up in a chair. Her (clean) hair was all tangled from lying in bed since the surgery. so I was brushing it out and french braiding it. (Note: it is extremely unusual for me to have patients who are awake, much less able to get out of bed).

Anyway, there I am, braiding her hair, when the on-call urology fellow walks in. Seen him before at work. Surgeon, tall, handsome, jocular. And as he asked me a few questions and bantered with the patient about the circus in her belly (checking for bowel sounds, etc), I couldn't shake the idea that I knew him from somewhere outside of work. Which is preposterous, because if I did, I wouldn't have forgotten.

My memory was frustratingly gray all morning. Then, in a flash, it came to me. He could be the twin brother of John Krasinski (who I love) from The Office. I was so elated at having made the connection that I wanted to share it immediately. Which is dificult when no one else nearby knows what "The Office" is. What a let down. Where is Perky when I need her?

Anyway. I love The Office. Watch it. And try and deny that you know people like that. I dare you.

2 comments:

Jahn said...

I think whoever writes the scripts for that show must've been spying on the people in my office.

Dora said...

So, Jim2 came by to round on my new renal transplant patient. Turns out that Jim2's last name also starts with a K and ends with a "-ski." Coincidence? Hmmm ...

Jahn, although I love Jim, I think my favorite character is Dwight. He actually looks like the love-child of two (heterosexual) guys friends, and has a distantly related sense of humor. It's freaky and funny.