Dancing again at Lindy Groove. So marvelous, I stayed until closing. XRay showed me some of the blues movement theory he learned down at the Rhythmic Arts Festival. This is right in line with the new venue he's starting way out in Pomona, the Speakeasy Blues. I think it's fabulous. Now that he's financially stable, etc etc, he's using his resouces to pursue and promote his love of dancing. This is something that we generally don't see in the lindy community, so it's great to behold.
Other mental snapshots ... over-rotated lindy whips with Roller Coaster, getting the courage to ask DaveG to dance and how smooth it was, slides with Silver Fox, body rolls with Darring, the comical and challenging dances I had with two beginners, and grooving with Vix.
I'm up to four and five songs in a row, after having gotten more determined about being fit. I remember when I first started working with Petey at the gym, my goal was to be able to dance all night. I'm not quite there yet, but getting ever closer. Hooked up my roommate's elliptical in the garage, and have been getting more cardio in. Working out to the mixed cd Petey made me so long ago. I think he'd be proud. At the very least I'd hope he'd be happy for me.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment