Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rush BLogging: X2 retreat

Communal dining area so conducive to meeting new people.

So glad to have finally met Deborah. She's marvelous. Also got to chat with a few of the women who intrigued me during Introductions. The whole "Explanation instead of Conversation" feeling I had yesterday is subsiding.

Diversity panel got me thinking and inspired this post over at the X2 blog.

Post-lunch discussion about how the blog and the publication can support and strengthen one another.

Lakeside discussion with the X2 bloggers. So good to be in one place and interact face to face.

Met more sisters throughout the day. Talked about everything from living in West Hills, global hymnbooks, dancing and friends in common. Got an excellent shoulder rub from Deborah. I leaned over to rest my elblos on my knees, and someone started rubbing my back. At firts I thought it was Pilgrim Girl. Then it went on for more than 30 seconds, so I knew it wasn't her. And I wanted it to go on forever, so I tried hard not to change my position. Absolutely heavenly. Got me to thinking about this other post I wanted to do for the X2 blog.

Talent Show. It was long. But lovely to see the sisters share their talents. My two favorite parts were the chocolate sharing, and the learn-how-to-do-a-shoulder-rub part. Then again, I loved SH with her walker, dancing in the "It's In His Kiss" line as well.

No comments: