Packed up and went off for more adventures.
My lucky day. LA Burdick's reopened this morning. Sat down and savored a cup of rich, foamy, hot chocolate.
Museum of Useful THings still closed.
Walked through Harvard Yard. Passed by Memorial CHurch. Sign outside advertised UChoir tryouts, but not until much later in the afternoon. As I was getting over my disappointment, I heard a wonderful, Handel-esque tenor aria issuing from the depths of the church. Followed my ears inside, where a tenor was rehearsing with a pianist and a flutist. Sat and enjoyed the mini-concert for 15 minutes.
Then, over to the Fogg Museum. Still feeling directed towards the Impressionists. As I was walking around, I passed a vibrant woman with gray streaks in her long and wavy hair. She was wearing a museum uniform, and looked like one of the guards who are supposed to make sure no one actually touches the art-work. She asked where I was from, and I explained that I was just visiting town for the week. She sounded so disappointed, but I didn't think much of it. I again encountered her in an elevator. She said, "You have such a great face!" She explained that she was an art teacher, specifically in painting portraints, and that she would have liked me to model for her class. I exclaimed that I love portraiture best, as in Sargent, etc. We smiled at each other, and then I had to leave the elevator ... and the museum. Now, I know that great doesn't necessarily mean beautiful. But that day, I felt beautiful.
Back over to the Museum of Useful THings. So much fun!!!
Back to the BHFH, where we left to meet Caroline and Brooke at the airport for the drive out to the Exponent II Retreat. Took a while to meet up, but the ride was fun. Especially getting stuck on the roundabout. Not fun was having to call Mike for directions, since the instructions we'd gotten were so incomprehensible.
Finally got to the retreat, and basked in the room full of such vibrant, inquisitive and spiritual women. Introductions. Singing. Saw and caught up with Sara, who I hadn't seen in ages.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment