Saturday, September 08, 2007

Baby Talk

Got together tonight for Precious' baby shower. When I talked to her about it a few months ago, she had very specific instructions. Low key dinner out with the girls. No dumb shower games. End of story. Wow. I knew there was a reason we were friends! All I had to do was set it up with the restaurant, send out the invites, and enlist the help of Mrs. Activities to organize the group gift.

I got the final money count from Mrs. Activities. However, when I got on-line to choose stuff from the registry list, I was horrified by the shipping costs! They were almost as much as the items themselves! So, I called around to see if the local Babies R Us's had the items in stock. Well, they had the glider, but not the cest of drawers. That made the decision a lot easier. Asked about Box dimensions, figured I could fit it in my car, and drove up to Calabasas to pick it up. However, I believe the item was on sale, because I had a whole of of extra money left. So, I got the bassinet trio, and called it good. However, as I was leaving the store, the selection of baby bags caught my eye, and I was spellbound for another hour. JLITH has been so enthusiastic about the Eddie Bauer diaper bag that she uses for a hospital overnighter, that I felt compelled to see if I could find one suited to my needs. In the end, I left without one, but with a new resolve to do some new internet searches.

The shower was nice. Some people ended up not being able to come because of the BYU/UCLA football game. And, none of the food really appealed to me, having just had a wonderful dinner the night before. Whatever. Anyway, the point was that we were able to get together, have dinner, and celebrate Precious' and Superman's soon to be baby boy. And that was just a bundle of warm and lovely wonderfulness!

No comments: