Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Getting some sister before hitting the road

Woke up really early this morning. Much earlier than I should have, given the late hour at which I finally fell asleep. But for once, it was a very good thing to be such an early bird, because I caught the JLITH.

JLITH got back from her multi-European city tour (Milan, Paris, a Turkish city which I can't think of the name of, and Rome) very late on Saturday night. We slept most of Sunday ... she because of jet lag, me mostly doped out on cough medicine. She went to work early Mornday morning, and didn't return until Tuesday afternoon, and slept way before I left to go to the MAC. But when I caught her awake early Wednesday morning, she'd uploaded her pictures onto her laptop, and was ready to tell me about her pictures and trip. She got some absolutely amazing shots of the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the cathedral in Milan, and Notre Dame. When I asked her what she enjoyed the most, it was the river boat trip she took in Turkey. Of which she has no pictures because her battery died. That is a travel tragedy.

So it was that, after a little bonding, JLITh went to work, and I got ready to make the long drive back.

But wait! Let me say a few words about the Beans. Bean1 is getting bigger and stronger, and prattles merrily on all the time. He is super defensive about his brother, and will take on anyone who tries to push Bean2 around. Bean1 is getting into the unfortunate habit of scowling when he gets angry, and yes, he did get quite angry with me a few times. However, he also gave me a number of hugs and kisses, still asks me, "Whacha doin' Dowa?" and loves it when I play Bean1 music on his belly.

Bean2 is also getting bigger, and more verbal, but nowhere near as verbal as Bean1. Bean2 is definitely more active, and stronger. Bean2 is getting to be a bit of a wailer ... and he's quite talented at it. Hopefully he will get out of the habit and learn to use his words more. Genie is training them to put their dishes in the dishwasher so cut down on clutter, and it seems to be working. Bean2 has a passion for Kix cereal.

Bean3 has definitely gotten bigger. Per Bork, Bean3 is off the growth charts for his age. He generally amuses himself quiety in his bouncy layette (?), although he can yowl with the best of them. Genie and Bork both hope that he learns to sleep through the night ... soon.

And so, after giving the Beans and Genie hugs and kisses, I was off for California again. The road was long and uneventful. I was particularly amused by this sign for a town called Browse. That and the Zzyxx one are fun markers along a very un-fun freeway. My goal was to make it to Las Vegas by 18700, so that I would have time to pick up my show ticket eat a little dinner, and take a short nap in my car before the actual show. The thing is, once I realized how hot it was going to be in Vegas, I actually started slowing down so that I wouldn't get there too early! From 80-85mph, I dropped down to 65mph ... really irritating anyone unfortunate enough to drive behind me, but the though of spending too much time in a smoke-filled casino, or having a hot nap in my car was just really unappealing.

I finally rolled into Vegas around 1630. Found the Wynn hotel easily enough, and got a great parking space. Went to get my ticket, and almost had an incident. Apparently Spamalot is doing so well that the box office had to ask the ticket vendors to stop selling tickets for certain shows. The box office girl actually had to check the time when I bought my on-line ticket to make sure it was valid. Thankfully it was, or we'd have had a huge problem!

Had an early dinner at one of the hotel restaurants. And took my (hot) nap in my car (must remember to buy an air freshener ... with warmer temps, the car is beginning to smell like the onion rings and Del Taco I had on the way up).

Spamalot was fabulous. Witty and slapstick and hilarious. Loved John O'Hurley as King Arthur. Dancing with the Stars was an excellent move for him. Not only did it totally revive his career, but he has an incredible fan base, AND he knows how to dance now! Loved the Lady of the Lake and the Laker Girls. And the knights were endearing, if a little gross. Thought RobM did a wonderful job. And, he looks great in spandex.Stayed for a couple of minutes afterwards to congratulate him and snal a picture of him with his family (who were visiting the same night) in front of the marquee with the cast list.

And then I was off. And a mere four hours later, I was at home. Aaaaahhhhh ...

No comments: