Sunday, April 08, 2007

Just for the record ...

It's been almost three weeks since my last post. And the situation doesn't look to be getting better anytime soon. Working on a project for work that should be sucking up a lot of my internet time.

Anyway, just for the record, I'll mention some things that I want documented.

Spent the week after the SLC trip sick. By the end of two weeks of not working, I was really glad to get back. Working a little helps me stay productive on my off days.

Curry and Catan on 3/18. Three tables' worth and lots of curry. Taught two new people the basics, and got some others grounded on C&K with the special rules. Is it selfish to want a large pool to play from?

3/21 went to Chapman University to hear Pagels speak on the Judas texts.

3/25 made dinner up at the homestead to celebrate Dad's birthday. Made curry because I was still craving it. However, I used the "good" roux that Mom got from Japan. Unfortunately, it was the hot stuff ... and if I'd studied Japanese more, I might have been able to read the box. Oops. Spork was supposed to bring the cake, but he forgot. Oops again.

3/28 had a meeting with a lawyer representing a hospital I used to work for. A patient's parents are suing the hospital. Lawyer wanted to go over my testimony before a possible deposition. It's rather a waste of time, because this was over sixx years ago, and I don't remember the patient at all. The most I can do is read what I charted. I just have to remember to only answer the questions asked. As a test, lawyer asked me if I knew what time it was. I looked at my watch and said it was 1345. Oops. I should have just looked at my watch and said yes. Or not looked at any watch and said no.

3/30-31 Do Something Blue dances and workshop. Met some great dancers from San Diego, and some interesting ones from Seattle. Apparently SD is full of neo-swingers ... those who like to dress up and drink martinis, but can't actually dance much more than an east coast basic. Sad. Then again, they'd probably look me over and sneer at my modern, low-maintenance attire. The dancing was hot. Teachers all did a great job. I especially liked Cy's fill in the sculpture exercise.



Have been precepting E at work. She is another member of the half-Japanese club. The other half is Taiwanese. She's a little reticent, but doing pretty well so far. We'll start taking pairs and more unstable 1:1's this coming week. We had a really unfair assignment on Thursday. I made it work, and she got some interesting experiences, but next time I'm going to be more forceful with SS about future assignments.

Somewhere in here, I went to visit Pilgrimgirl to talk over the X2 drama. Besides hearing her side of the story and coming up with options, it was just good to see her.

The house for the Arrowhead weekend is filling up. I'm really looking forward to it this year. Lots of returning friends. Some friend who missed last year. A couple of old friends who are coming for the first time. Some new faces that are coming for the first time. I'm looking forward to some really good times.

4/5 went to Lindy Groove. This is not unusual. I just mention it because I had a fantastic time. NW asked to me dance (first time ever in a social setting), and StretchJ asked me twice. I've talked before about charity dances. Well, these two competitive dancers make me want to accept all the charity dances I'm offered, in the hopes that they (NW and Stretch J) will continue to be charitable to me.

4/6 Whiteboy, Improv-er, The Dot and FGITW came over for some afternoon Catanning. I came close, but didn't with any. Wonder Woman made it back to catch the lasst game. Then I went over for the Easter program choir rehearsal. Choir is such a mixed bag for me. I think Doc Martin (who I believe also qualifies for the half Japanese club) does an incredible job with the singers and resources available to her. She chooses music the choir can sing (which sometimes I can't singe well, because the women sing unison), and does her best to buffer the weak singers with the not-so-weak singers. Confess that I am rather a not-so-weak singer, instead of one of the few solid singers.

4/6 Easter. We sang, "God So Loved the World," one of Doc Martin's original pieces. It is lovely. "Do Not Fear For You Are Mine," an amazingly beautiful and comforting piece. And "Make a Joyful Noise," a pretty piece that dances along like a sonatina by Beethoven. Had a teary moment during "DNF," and had to just mouth the words and hope my eyeliner didn't slosh down my face. Couldn't get enough of the Easter singing, so I went back for the singles' ward sacrament meeting. Satine did a lovely duet of "O Divine Redeemer," which I love for the dakr and melancholy parts. And Mr. Baritone and Satine did a lovely duet, the name of which I can't seem to remember. ANyway, I still hadn't gotten enough of singing, so I went for the Stake Choir practice in preparation for Stake Conference in two weeks. Aurora is conducting. And I enjoyed it. However, I would enjoy it much more if she would get us the actual music, instead of copies o the hymns with notes. If we were singing straight from the hymnal, it wouldn't matter as much, but there are lots of key changes and additional accompaniment that really messed me up. She just needs to take the plunge, kill some trees, and xerox the music. Aaaaahhhhh...

No comments: