Thursday, March 08, 2007

Wandering thoughts

Drove up to SLC by myself today. Eleven hours of staring at the road. Subjected some ... er ... wrote about some if it here. So why am I still going at it? Because there are some very poignant observations that I left out.

First, in my search for the greatest onion rings in the universe, I've found out that the Mad Greek (conveniently located in Baker) does not even deserve a place. They were that bad. No salt in the batter. I was done after three of them, then had to pull off the freeway to dump them in the trash so that my car wouldn't smell like onion rings. Comforted myself with a strawberry shake. Because even if their rings are horrible, their strawberry shakes are heavenly. Any other place in the world, and I would get a chocolate shake (if I got one at all). But in Baker, it's strawberry shakes. Maybe it's the bits of strawberries that i can suck up the straw?

Second. It is such bad taste for highway construction teams to leave up construction signs (especially for reduced speed limits!) when there is no active construction work. Makes me want to growl. Gggggrrrrrrr.

And third ... I am going to miss my friends who are getting married an awful lot. After honeymoon, they are taking a six week honeymoon in the south pacific, then moving across the country. I will miss them hugely. And wow ... they're going to have sex in less than 36 hours. Hope it goes well.

No comments: