Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rollercoaster Break

My buddy Socrates invited me along to a work event at Knott's Berry Farm. After suffering through some kiddie raffles and several rounds of Bingo, we ditched the group and dived into roller coasters.

My favorite was the Silver Bullet. Awful name. But it's a hanging coaster, which makes for a smoother ride, with lots of fancy schmancy loops and twizzles. Second best was the Xcelerator. The split second downward dive gave me that nanosecond of gutwrenching fear that comes when my stomach gets left behind the rest of my body. And I'd guess that Supreme Scream was my third favorite. It has that same nanosecond of gutwrenching, but the most terrifying part is waiting at the top for the drop to initiate.

Left a bit early so that I could make it to the stake choir practice. Again, Aurora scolded the women while praising the men to the heavens. It's really quite amusing what a flirt she is. In her sixties, she's more flirtatious in a month than I am in a year.

No comments: